Vietnam offers a wide selection of interesting places where you can go hiking. One of the most important thing is to pack before departure. How to backpack is the most frequent question you have when you book a hiking tour. Here are some important things you can consider when backpacking for a hiking trip.
1. Sunscreen, lip balm, sunglasses: Higher altitudes can produce severe sunburns, even with cloud cover and temperatures in the 50s. Sunscreen, balm, and sunglasses are some of the most important things to pack.
2. Moisturizer: Higher altitudes bring very dry air. Bring along a favorite moisturizer and use it liberally. Protecting your skin will keep you feeling and looking young.
3. Layers of clothes: Temperatures can drop 40-50 degrees from day to night at higher elevations. Even during the day, weather can change dramatically in a matter of minutes. Bring a sweater, jacket, and clothes made of wicking materials. Be prepared to take layers on and off to stay comfortable and dry.
4. Rain jacket: Afternoon thunderstorms are a daily occurrence in many mountain areas.
5. Water bottle: When you’re active and at altitude, it’s easy to become dehydrated and not know it. Fill your bottle with water on your way to the hills – in the car, train, bus, or plane – and keep drinking throughout your trip. Plenty of water also helps to prevent headaches often associated with visits to high altitude.
6. Toys, books, and games: If you’re traveling with the family, be sure to bring something to entertain the kids. Don’t forget books or games for the adults. Even the most energetic may have some “quiet” time.